- PRICES. The Prices are subject to alteration up to the date of invoice - due to currency fluctuation and Manufacturers price increases. In the case of an increase, customers will be informed and given the opportunity to confirm their orders at the new prices - otherwise the order will be NULL AND VOID.
- ORDERS are accepted subject to goods being available, and any date given for delivery is intended as an estimate only and all orders are accepted subject to availability. We shall not be liable in any way for late delivery or if we are unable to supply all or any of the goods. In addition, we shall not be liable for any costs or claims resulting from either a) the late delivery of goods or b) any consequential losses arising by virtue of any error of supply or defective goods.
- INVOICES are posted on the day of despatch of orders. Customers are requested to notify us within 7 days should goods arrive without an invoice being received.
- V.A.T. shown on all invoices is nett, and not subject to discount.
- TERMS OF PAYMENT. All orders are accepted on the understanding that payment is due from the date of the invoice. All payments are strictly nett. We reserve the right to charge interest on all overdue accounts remaining unpaid after 60 days from the date of invoice at the rate of 2½% per month. Third party collection charges, where incurred in the collection of a debt will be added to the invoice value. Credit card payments are subject to a 2% surcharge.
- DELIVERY. Carriage is paid on all orders for goods over £300 value (excluding V.A.T.) for delivery in mainland England, Scotland (excluding Highlands) and Wales.
- NON-DELIVERY. In the event of goods not arriving WITHIN 10 DAYS of RECEIPT OF INVOICE or ADVICE NOTE - we must be notified immediately.
- BREAKAGES AND SHORTAGES IN TRANSIT. SDL can only accept claims for breakages if the goods are signed for as damaged. Likewise claims for shortages will only be accepted if the consignment note is signed short delivery. We can not accept claims if the consignment note is marked unchecked or not signed. SDL must be informed immediately by phone of any problems and claims must be submitted in writing WITHIN 3 DAYS OF DELIVERY. Customers are advised to check deliveries before signing for them. Cartons should be checked for damage, rattling or signs of having been opened, with particular attention paid to cartons marked with fragile warning labels or tape. The number of cartons received should be checked against the number stated on the consignment note.
- CHINA, CERAMIC AND GLASSWARE. In accordance with standard practices in our industry, the first 5% of breakages are for the buyer’s account.
- FAULTY GOODS AND DELIVERY NOTE DISCREPANCIES. SDL must be advised of any faulty goods or discrepancies between the delivery note and the goods packed immediately by phone on discovery and in any event in writing WITHIN 3 DAYS OF DELIVERY. Goods over 3 months old shall not be credited or replaced.
- OWNERSHIP OF GOODS. The risk (for insurance purposes) in the goods shall pass to you when we deliver to you. You are advised to insure them from such date. However, ownership of the goods shall remain with us until payment in full has been received. We reserve the right to dispose of the goods if such payment is overdue in whole or in part and we may (without prejudice to any other rights) recover or re-sell the goods or any of them - and may enter upon your premises by our servants or agents for the purpose. This right shall become exercisable as soon as any payment shall become due - (within 30 days) or if you do any act or are involved in any proceedings in which your solvency is in issue - or if you allow execution to be levied upon your goods. Until we have been paid in full, the relationship between us shall be fiduciary in respect of the goods delivered and if the same are sold by you, we shall have the right to trace and retrieval the proceeds thereof. We shall have a like right of tracing and retrieval where you use/sell the goods in any way so that we are entitled to payment.
- STORAGE OF GOODS. After goods have been delivered to your premises, and until they are paid for, you are required to ensure that they are stored safely and maintained in good condition. In the absence of any conclusive evidence to the contrary, it shall be deemed that earlier stock shall have been sold first.
- customer information will be stored by the company and credit information may be shared for monitoring and administration purposes with our representative body The GA and with other members of The GA. When opening a credit account a credit check may be carried out using a third party.
- These terms and conditions of sale will apply to all contracts hereafter agreed between you (the customer) and SDL Imports Ltd unless the contrary is specifically agreed by us in writing.
Click here to download
Account Application Form
E. & O.E.